Friday, March 25, 2011

My Bestie turns 30!

So there's this girl, we'll call her Nadia...she and I go waaaay back. I'm talking 15 years to date. She's pretty awesome. Listens to all my "brilliant ideas" and gives me her two cents, literally. She's my soul sister. Thankfully the one my mom never had (because I probably wouldn't like her as much) but someone who's been such an integral part of my growing up and life as a whole. She's actually the very brilliant one with so many aspirations I lose count. She's by far one of the most amazing and influential people I know making her so very deserving of this simple little post.
Despite her overwhelmingly admirable qualities, planning her own birthday is definitely not her strongest point and being that she's been a New Yorker for the past 3 years, she missed what we South Floridians soak up in the most. With sunny skies and perfect weather ahead I took her request to have a Kentucky Derby inspired, hat wearing brunch with her closest girlfriends and scouted around town for the chicest restaurant on the beach finally scoring fantastic food and service at The Betsy Hotel on Ocean Drive.
Although there was not much planning or setting up to do on my part I found a way to personalize our very girly affair with just a few little details.

After a delicious and very fulfilling meal we walked across the street and propped ourselves down for an afternoon picnic complete with a birthday cuppy, strawberries and champagne.
A day filled with love, laughter and blessings for our favorite bookworm. From the look on her face and terrible tan lines, I'm going to presume the birthday girl really enjoyed herself.


As for you my beautiful friend, although a little late of a post, I hope this year and the rest to come gradually exceed all your expectations. I love you with all my heart and was so happy to plan this little something with the help of your special someone.
May the dear lord always bless you.

Xoxo.




Photography by: Sasha de Almagro
Suga Babies (a.k.a. Cake Pops) by: Priscila Mota - P the Baker
Location: The Betsy Hotel on South Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment